Instrument & Controls Engineer
We appreciate your interest in a career at AM Technical Solutions. Please complete the job application below:
Current Open Locations:
Arizona, Nevada, Virginia
The I&C Engineer should possess skills in system design, configuration, integration and implementation of process control solutions. The candidate must have knowledge of process instrumentation, application and installation and commissioning, facilities management expertise in all of the following project phases: implementation (construction), system integration, testing and on-site startup.
Daily responsibilities include implementation support of the construction of mechanical and process system modifications. The candidate will be able to provide technical direction and leadership during the project implementation and commissioning phases of the project. The job requires daily interface with construction personnel and facilities engineers and technicians to coordinate project work in a live running factory. This position demands excellent team player skills. All work on these systems requires detailed work plans and FAT documentation which will be the responsibility of this position. This project work will also require final QA/QC on installations as compared to the POR design documents. Requires excellent troubleshooting skills for all aspects of controls including wiring, instrumentation, PLC Logic and HMI.
Required I&C Experience:
- Good technical writing skills. Must be able to write work plans for conversion work to be conducted without any unplanned impacts i.e. rotating equipment, workarounds while PLCs are out of service, FATs and bringing systems back on line. Custom FATs will also need to be written since there are limitations on what can be done with a live running factory.
- Navigate Clients Complicity systems and understand functionality on screens.
- Basic understanding Allen Bradley PLCs, I/O and Ethernet communication networks.
- Ability to coordinate/interpret P&ID’s and SOO’s.
- Understanding of overall system installation from a construction implementation stand point.
- Troubleshooting of field devices and control hardware and software.
- Strong understanding of HVAC equipment and CHW and HW process systems and operation.